We’re the beneficiary of the generosity of Washington College and keep our boats on the boathouse property, using the college’s excellent floating docks to launch. If you want to race, you’ll find plenty of company: our men’s, women’s and mixed boats compete in sprint (1,000 meters) and head races (5,000 meters) in the mid-Atlantic region and beyond every season.
The best part, of course, is the water. Our stretch of the Chester River is 23 miles from the Chesapeake Bay so it’s wonderfully calm most of the time. There’s nothing in the world like going out for a row at dawn or dusk on perfectly flat water, with great blue herons and an occasional eagle for company.
Benefits of Membership
- Use of club boats (after proof of ability)
- Guest status at the Washington College Boat House and grounds
(club activities only)
- Participation in Masters Regattas (regional and national)
- Many opportunities for recreation rowing
- Be a part of a great group of rowers from all over the middle Eastern Shore
Our annual dues are $350.00. Regatta fees are additional.